Monday, March 22, 2010

AN EDUCATION

Waiting for the train I was bored so thought I will see a movie in my mobile. I was browsing for various movies that I have stored and I chose one which I expected to be a romantic one and also slow so that it will put me to sleep early. The movie I chose was “An Education”. It is a story of a young girl in England in 1960 who is blossoming into a beautiful and independent woman. The story shows how restricted the girls are and how they have to live for the “Pathi Seva” and how 1960 the girls parents are. Well the story is not just about the girl it was about the coming of age and how she gets attracted to the man who is more than twice her age. Now I was thinking good that the movie has finally got some romance and more dialogues are to ensure and I will definitely sleep. The TTR had already checked my tickets and I was already on the berth. As the story ensues I sort of find a purpose in the movie, the guy though being twice the girls age has ensnared her in his interesting lifestyles and also made possible to bring the young girls dreams like going to France. He deflowers her and then in the end the radical couple end the movie in a not so graceful manner which let me wondering where the plot was lost. Not only the plot was lost to a totally lost cause but also dint make any sense in the director making such a movie.

The direction and the screenplay were perfect and the cinematography was also immaculate the only sad note is that the story dint have a cause and dint get to say anything that is really useful. Well the girl has become more sensible in the end of the movie but I always thought that the story lacked a finishing and this case the movie lacked a strong story in the last quarter. Well to add to my dismay Chennai super kings had lost to Punjab kings in a bowl out. How bad can a day turn out? Now that the movie has got me thinking I was rolling in my berth trying to sleep which now seemed most elusive and left me cursing for not choosing reservoir dogs movie...Man that one puts me to sleep every single time....

The only education I got after seeing the movie, is to never watch a movie thinking that it is going to make me feel good. The education was really a bad one. Well, at least I saw a movie that was made look good and feel good...I would have been delighted if the movie has strong story...An Education....what education??

No comments: