Monday, March 29, 2010

Julie and Julia

Julie and Julia

As i was browsing the newspaper on Thursday i was telling my friend karthik i was going to see War inc movie which was to be screened at 9 in HBO, little did i think what a disastrous movie that one can turn out to be. Well i dint watch it on HBO as i missed the movie as i was watching IPL. I should have taken this as a sign but i dint i went ahead and  downloaded the movie. Though my previous experience with the movie rachel is getting married had thought me otherwise.

Well after watching the wreatched movie which was not even a pleasent treat for the eyes, let me just stop by saying that i dint like the movie. I then decided to watch another movie which was being screened in Sony Pix. Sleepless in seattle. Oh my god, this was a great movie and drew me into the screen and had me glued to it all through the end.

After watching two movies back to back have i given it up and moved on with my life... no..one of these days i need to move me A and do something usefull other  than watching football and movie and eating. I will soon....

Well it has been three parah's and i havent got to tell what i wanted to. I watched the movie Julie and Julia, yes this is the movie that got released recently and had meryl strep nominated for the umpteenth time. I had no expectations for this movie and it sure did fascinate me. The direction and screenplay were imaculate. Though i felt meryl strep was over doing her role i never can comment on something that she does as she is truly a master at acting. The story is about two ladies living in different times but sharing the same passion, cooking.

In 1949, julia child moves to france with her wealthy husband  and finds her passion in cooking after trying out various other hobbies. Her passion is to cook and to teach it to people. In the year 2002, julie is a middle class woman who turns 30 and has finally found her passion in cooking and has set herself a goal. Now the whole story is about how she goes about fulfilloing this goal. Will she fulfill it? Well thats the story.. It was a normal movie, except for the screen play and and the direction there was nothing very exceptional. It was watchable and definately dint have me regret for watching it.

That said i have finally reached bangalore.. Will probably be in office when i publish this post.. Till then good bye....

No comments: